turnipHed is the Chief Editor at TURNIPSTYLE, Presenter & Producer of THE VOICE OF TURNIPSTYLE. The lifestyle magazine and podcast for [GBTQ+] Men.
HELP SUPPORT TURNIPSTYLE BY VISITING & SHOPPING AT...
A couple episodes ago we mentioned that we were going to open up the podcast to address the conversation about LGB and T agendas, what the letters stood for and what the conversations were really about.
Before we get into the references from the show let’s talk about some housekeeping.
- How To Download Previous Episodes – if you can not find a previous episode via iTunes or Stitcher Radio simple visit the front page for The Voice of turnipStyle and there you will find the catalogue of all our previous shows. All the way back right to the beginning. You can listen directly from that page or download the MP3 file for a later date!
- Check out our new Question and Answer section. Some of the questions we are asked, directly, would help out other buds here at turnipStyle, so we started our own Q&A. Drop by, ask a question or weigh in on a conversation already started.
- Thanks again to MooseP for his follow up on jocks. Remember if you want to shop at Amazon for your purchases, use our link to help support turnipStyle – https://www.turnipstyle.com/amazon (add this link to your favourites or add https://www.turnipstyle.com/donate/)
- Speaking of supporting turnipStyle – if you would like to help us out you can do that by shopping at retailers that we have a relationship with or send us a donation. Read all about how to show your support right here.
What sparked this conversation was the appearance of Caitlyn Jenner on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Season 13 Episode 01.
We had heard about it but had not seen it, so we watched the episode while we had supper and briefed. We also watched, as a follow up, an appearance by Ellen DeGeneres on the Howard Stern Sirius Radio Show.
Not going to provide much more than links here to the articles we talked about; it was an awesome and in-depth conversation and you should just listen in and then weigh in with your comments below.
Tyler Curry Weighs In: Huffington Post – Why Gay Rights and Trans Rights Should Be Separated
By being part of the same-sex acronym, trans individuals are rarely recognized as a unique group that requires its own specific agenda to obtain equality. Instead, they are often considered an obscure and misunderstood subgroup of the gay community.
Transgender Activism in Canada – Pioneers of transgender activism
Historical images from the Transgender Archive at the University of Victoria
Meet Canada’s Only Transgender Federal Election Candidate – Jennifer McCreath is Canada’s only transgender candidate running in this federal election
Everyone said I didn’t have any chance at all. Initially, I couldn’t get anyone to work with me. Nobody would sign my nomination papers,” she said. “But six weeks later, I walked away with close to 6,000 votes — 17 per cent of the popular vote.
Started in 1975, “Fan Fair” is the oldest and longest-running event of it’s kind. Every year the Fair grows in its scope, character, and assistance to the gender explorer. Fantasia Fair continues to be the leading annual program promoting a gender-variant individual’s ability to thrive in real-life situations.
- Drag Queen – dresses for art, theatre, performing, expression. Not a sexual or gender identity discussion.
- Transvestites – enjoys wearing clothes of the opposite sex and sometimes makeup. May or may not be a sexual discussion, but is not gender identity discussion.
- Transsexuals – enjoys wearing clothing, usually fetish clothing, of the opposite sex and gets sexual gratification from doing so. Also may enjoy role play as the opposite sex during sex activities. This is not a gender identity discussion or a sexual identity discussion. Transsexuals may be hetero, homo or bisexual. This is a branch of their sexual activities.
- Transgendered – the gender that a person self identifies as does not match their physical body, physiology, biology but does match their psychology. This is a gender identity discussion but transgendered is not a sexual identity discussion. Transgendered people will have a sexual identity discussion separate from their sexual identity.
Keep an eye out for our upcoming Marco Marco reviews!
DID YOU KNOW????
95% of the items that we review, we pay for ourselves. Regardless, sometimes things don't go the way we plan them to go and when that happens we clean up the items really good and then put them up for sale in our shop at a deep discount for you to grab for yourself.
If you don't see anything there and would like to support us directly feel free to make a donation. We would love it! Another way to support us would be to visit and shop at our friends below.